SEPTEMBER KEY FIGURES
SEPTEMBER KEY POINTS
TOTAL HOURLY RATES OF PAY EXCLUDING BONUSES
QUARTERLY CHANGE (JUN QTR 2017 TO SEP QTR 2017)
- The trend and seasonally adjusted indexes for Australia both rose 0.5% in the September quarter 2017. This continued the moderate rate of wage growth recorded by the series over the last two years.
- The Private and Public sector rose 0.5%, seasonally adjusted.
- The rises in indexes at industry level (in original terms) ranged from 0.2% for Mining to 1.8% for Accommodation and food services.
ANNUAL CHANGE (SEP QTR 2016 TO SEP QTR 2017)
- The trend and seasonally adjusted indexes for Australia both rose 2.0% through the year to the September quarter 2017. This was marginally higher through the year growth than has been recorded for both series during 2017.
- Rises in the original indexes through the year to the September quarter 2017 at the industry level ranged from 1.2% for Mining to 2.7% for Health care and social assistance, and Arts and recreation services.
|ISSUE (QUARTER)||Release Date|
|December 2017||21 February 2018|
|March 2018||16 May 2018|
|June 2018||15 August 2018|
|September 2018||14 November 2018|
Data referenced in the Key Points and Commentary are available from the tables shown in this publication or in the corresponding tables of this publication on the ABS website <http://www.abs.gov.au>.